FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The total trip cost for MIX is $299. A $100 deposit is due at time of registration. After placing your deposit, you may choose to pay off your balance in increments until May 14.
We understand the cost of MIX is not realistic for everyone. If you need assistance funding this event, we have financial assistance available to offset the cost. Please click here if you are in need of financial assistance.
2. What do sleeping arrangements look like?
- Dorms are gender-specific.
- Each dorm will be supervised by our small group leaders.
- Adults and students do not share beds.
- Dorms are comprised of bunk beds.
3. What kind of supervision will there be?
Each week of MIX we will have small group leaders with a ratio of 1 leader for every 8 students.
4. Will my student ever be off by himself/herself?
The MIX schedule keeps students around their small groups and friends all day long. Our leaders are also always around to keep students connected as much as possible.
5. How do you keep track of every student?
Everyone is a part of a small group with one or more leader(s). Leaders will be responsible for guiding and taking care of 8-12 students through the week of MIX.
6. What does the registration cost cover?
The registration cost includes all accommodations, meals, travel, and conference fee. However, conference merchandise, snack shack, and Adventure Zone activities (paintball, archery, zipline and axe throwing) are considered additional costs.
7. What type of transportation do you use?
We use school buses with professional drivers.
8. How do you determine dorm assignments?
Dorm assignments are by gender & campus. We will use the information collected as part of the registration process to help determine bunk and dorm assignments. This may include friend requests, school, and small group information. Our goal is for every student to bunk with a friend.
9. How will I receive communication once my student is registered?
Our primary source of communication will come via e-mail. You will receive a confirmation e-mail once your student has successfully registered for the trip.
10. Where is the trip departing from?
We will be departing from the Southeast campus you registered with. More details on how departure works will be available once registration is complete.
11. How will I get my luggage tags?
Luggage tags will be given at check-in at the campus you registered with the first day of MIX. It will not be mailed.
12. What grades will be attending my week of MIX?
Students going into grades 6-8 the fall of 2018 will all be attending their week of MIX together.
13. MIX Packing List:
- Pen & journal/notebook
- Comfortable clothing for 5 days
- Swimsuit (girls must wear 1 piece)
- Towels (1 for showers and 1 for pool/beach)
- Toiletries/Shower needs
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Flip Flops
- Tennis shoes
- Bug spray
- Optional: Cash for Snack Shack ($10 is plenty)
- Sheets (twin size bed), blanket or sleeping bag
- Technology: Parent’s discretion. If they are a distraction, we will hold on to them