FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The total trip cost for MIX is $299. A $100 deposit is due at time of registration and is non-refundable. After placing your deposit, you may choose to pay off your balance in increments until May 15.
2. Can students arrive late to camp or leave camp early?
Students will not be allowed to arrive late or leave early. Students need to check-in at their campus and ride the bus to camp. Students need to depart on day 5 with their campus. Parents will pick up their students are their campus.
3. What do sleeping arrangements look like?
- Dorms are gender-specific.
- Each dorm will be supervised by our small group leaders.
- Adults and students do not share beds.
- Dorms are comprised of bunk beds.
4. What kind of supervision will there be?
Each week of MIX we will have small group leaders with a ratio of 1 leader for every 8 students.
5. Will my student ever be off by himself/herself?
The MIX schedule keeps students around their small groups and friends all day long. Our leaders are also always around to keep students connected as much as possible.
6. How do you keep track of every student?
Everyone is in a small group with one or more leader(s). Leaders will be responsible for guiding and taking care of 8-12 students through the week of MIX.
7. What does the registration cost cover?
The registration cost includes all accommodations, meals, travel, and conference fee. However, conference merchandise, snack shack, and Adventure Zone activities (paintball, archery, zipline and axe throwing) are additional costs and are not included in your registration or financial aid.
8. What type of transportation do you use?
We use school buses with professional drivers.
9. How do you determine dorm assignments?
Small group and dorm assignments are by gender & campus. We will use the information collected as part of the registration process to help determine small group and dorm assignments. This may include friend requests, small group, and school information. Our goal is for every student to be in a group with a friend.
10. How will I receive communication once my student is registered?
Our primary source of communication will come via email. You will receive a confirmation email once your student has successfully registered for the trip.
11. Where is the trip departing from?
We will be departing from the Southeast campus that you registered with. More details on how departure works will be available once registration is complete.
12. How will I get my luggage tags?
Luggage tags (2) will be given at check-in at the campus you registered with the first day of MIX. It will not be mailed.
13. What grades will be attending my week of MIX?
Students going into grades 6-8 the fall of 2019 will all be attending their week of MIX together.
14. MIX Packing List:
- Pen & journal/notebook
- Comfortable clothing for 5 days
- Swimsuit (girls must wear 1 piece)
- Towels (1 for showers and 1 for pool/beach)
- Toiletries/Shower needs
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Flip Flops
- Tennis shoes
- Bug spray
- Sheets (twin size bed), blanket or sleeping bag
- Technology: Parent’s discretion. If they are a distraction, we will hold on to them
- Snacks (no energy drinks)
- Optional: Cash for Snack Shack (this is not included in the cost for MIX. $10 is plenty for the week.)