FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. When will my student need to be picked up?
You will pick up your student at your campus between 9:00-10:00pm on day 4 of your camp week. Your campus contact will communicate the specific time for pickup when we get closer to camp.
2. Can students arrive late to camp or leave camp early?
Students will not be allowed to arrive late or leave early. Students need to check-in at their campus and ride the bus to camp. Students need to depart on day 4 with their campus. Parents will pick up their students at their campus.
3. What do sleeping arrangements look like?
- Dorms are gender-specific.
- Each dorm will be supervised by our small group leaders.
- Adults and students do not share beds.
- Dorms are comprised of bunk beds.
4. What kind of supervision will there be?
Each week of MIX we will have small group leaders with a ratio of 1 leader for every 8 students.
5. Will my student ever be off by himself/herself?
The MIX schedule keeps students around their small groups and friends all day long. Our leaders are also always around to keep students connected as much as possible.
6. How do you keep track of every student?
Everyone is in a small group with one or more leader(s). Leaders will be responsible for guiding and taking care of 8-12 students through the week of MIX.
7. What does the registration cost cover?
The registration cost includes all accommodations, meals, travel, and conference fee. However, conference merchandise, snack shack, and Adventure Zone activities (paintball, archery, zipline, axe throwing, and high ropes course) are additional costs and are not included in your registration or financial aid.
8. What type of transportation do you use?
We use school buses with professional drivers.
9. How do you determine dorm assignments?
Small group and dorm assignments are by gender & campus. We will use the information collected as part of the registration process to help determine small group and dorm assignments. This may include friend requests, small group, and school information. Our goal is for every student to be in a group with a friend.
10. How will I receive communication once my student is registered?
Our primary source of communication will come via email. You will receive a confirmation email once your student has successfully registered for the trip.
11. Where is the trip departing from?
We will be departing from the Southeast campus that you registered with. More details on how departure works will be available once registration is complete.
12. How will I get my luggage tags?
Luggage tags (2) will be given at check-in at the campus you registered with the first day of MIX. It will not be mailed.
13.What if my student has dietary restrictions?
Country Lake Christian Retreat tries very hard to be a food allergy friendly camp. Because of the number of campers attending camp, we cannot promise an allergen free environment. We will notify CLCR Kitchen staff of any food allergies as listed in your child’s registration.
14. What grades will be attending my week of MIX?
Students going into grades 6-8 will all be attending their week of MIX together.
15. Technology at MIX
Parents, we know you may choose to allow your student to bring technology like a cell phone or small portable game system to MIX. Our hope is that they are not a distraction during the event. We have clear times of use and clear times of putting it away. Lastly, all technology will be collected by leaders in dorms at night to remove the distraction from night time rest.
16. MIX Packing List:
- Pen & journal/notebook
- Comfortable clothing for 4 days
- Swimsuit (girls must wear 1 piece)
- Towels (1 for showers and 1 for pool/beach)
- Toiletries/Shower needs
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Flip Flops
- Tennis shoes
- Bug spray
- Sheets (twin size bed), blanket or sleeping bag
- Technology: Technology that is used inappropriately or becomes a distraction will be collected by the staff. All technology will be collected at night. When we go to bed, technology goes to bed as well. Staff will give you a contact if you need to reach us or your student at night.
- Snacks (no energy drinks or snacks with peanuts)
- Optional: Cash for Snack Shack (this is not included in the cost for MIX. $10 is plenty for the week.)