Do you have a journeyman HVAC license, EPA-609 universal certification, and five or more years of commercial HVAC repair experience? Do you want to be a part of our mission to connect people to Jesus and one another? The HVAC Mechanic will diagnose, analyze, troubleshoot, remove, replace, repair, and perform preventative maintenance on a diverse set of HVAC mechanical equipment while functioning as a member of the general maintenance team. Additional duties may include general building maintenance, lighting repairs, carpentry, event support, flooring, drywall, light framing, and painting. This role is based out of the Blankenbaker campus with responsibilities at all the campuses. Are you the person we need to keep systems in excellent working condition in order to accomplish the mission, vision, and strategies of Southeast Christian Church?
- Remove, replace, align and service a set of bolted, serviceable, semi-hermetic reciprocating refrigerant compressors.
- Remove heads and clean condensing tubes on the reciprocating compressors and on centrifugal compressor chillers.
- Separate centrifugal pumps from motors, service and re-build pumps, re-assemble and re-align pumps.
- Repair, remove, and replace refrigerant coils.
- Work competently with split, roof top unit, and mini split HVAC systems.
- Repair, remove, replace, and service condensing and non-condensing boilers.
- Repair, remove, and replace expansion valves.
- Re-build large actuators.
- Repair, remove, and replace butterfly valves, three way valves and triple duty valves.
- Repair, service, and replace automatic control valves.
- Repair, service, and replace backflow preventers.
- Understand and operate automated building controls.
- Computer literate in a Windows operating system and able to learn customized building control software.
- Wide range of mechanical ability.
- Problem solver, self- starter, and independent worker yet able to work with a team.
- Flexible schedule with ability to work days, nights and weekends.
Required Education, Experience, and Membership
- Bachelor’s degree in HVAC or HVAC-R preferred.
- Journeyman HVAC license required.
- EPA-609 universal certification required.
- Commercial building service history required.
- Five or more years of related experience.
- Member of SECC or willing to become one; alignment with the mission, vision, and strategies of SECC.