The Women's Ministry Leader will reach, lead, and disciple multiple generations of women at the La Grange Campus, with the mindset of unleashing the full force of the church to love people one at a time. The desired goal is a ministry environment which seeks to train and equip women to develop and deepen their relationship with Jesus through prayer, discipleship, groups, service opportunities and events.
THIS IS US:
We’re a growing, multi-site, Bible-based community in the greater Louisville area with a passion for connecting people to Jesus & one another. We value:
- Connection over production (John 15:5).
- Risk & adventure over safety & comfort (John 3:8).
- Innovation over tradition (Luke 5:19).
- Personal engagement over attendance (Luke 9:62).
- Expressive worship over religious rituals (Luke 7:38).
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
- Highly relatable leader who models the way of Godly living and inspires others to follow
- Ability to lead and inspire women to serve in their area of giftedness
- Highly relatable team player with a heart to serve and lead alongside staff and volunteers
- Significant ability to collaborate at the local campus and church-wide
- Ability to motivate, teach, organize, lead and love women and volunteers
- Has a "Can do, get-it-done" approach to people and the work of ministry
- Have an eye toward aesthetics and help provide pleasing worship & study environments
SOME THINGS YOU WOULD DO:
- Collaboratively cast clear vision and strategy for Women's Ministry and volunteer teams
- Create a culture of disciple-making by intentionally investing in key lay leaders
Assist in planning and leading Women's Ministry studies, groups, and events
- Responsible for budgetary oversight of campus' Women's Ministry
- Establish the tone and provide leadership/training for volunteer teams
Organize volunteers to implement an assimilation strategy as it pertains to visitors, "chair one and two" attendees
- Provide pastoral care for Women's Ministry
OUR MUST HAVES:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Ministry experience to include Bible study leadership
- Proven communication skills
- Critical thinking and the ability to multi-task projects, events and volunteer teams
Collaboratively work within a team environment
A life that models the way of Godly living that inspires others to follow
One who exhibits an active daily walk with God
- Engaged member of Southeast Christian Church (or willing to become one); supports our Statement of Faith and submits to the leadership established by the church; lives out our church Mantra in tangible ways. https://www.southeastchristian.org/sermons/mantra/be-the-branch-2
Be the Branch - “I am the vine, you are the branches. Apart from me you can do nothing.” John 15
We will humbly and passionately stay connected to Jesus. Without him we can do nothing.
Grip the Plow - Jesus said, “No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God.” —Luke 9:62, NIV
We will stay focused and work hard keeping both hands on the plow.
Wreck the Roof - “One day Jesus was teaching, and Pharisees and teachers of the law were sitting there. They had come from every village of Galilee and from Judea and Jerusalem. And the power of the Lord was with Jesus to heal the sick. Some men came carrying a paralyzed man on a mat and tried to take him into the house to lay him before Jesus. When they could not find a way to do this because of the crowd, they went up on the roof and lowered him on his mat through the tiles into the middle of the crowd, right in front of Jesus...” Luke 5:17-39
We will be innovative, doing whatever it takes to bring One Person to Jesus.
Empty the Jar – (Jesus anointed by a sinful woman) When one of the Pharisees invited Jesus to have dinner with him, he went to the Pharisee’s house and reclined at the table…
Then he turned toward the woman and said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. You did not give me a kiss, but this woman, from the time I entered, has not stopped kissing my feet. You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured perfume on my feet. Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—as her great love has shown. But whoever has been forgiven little loves little.” Luke 7:44 – 47 NIV
We will be informal, expressive and extravagant in our worship and gatherings.
Catch the Wind - The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit. John 3:8 NIV