Church Wide Initiatives Associate l Southeast Christian Church
Are you a Self-Starter that loves to both collaborate with and motivate others? Do you have an attention to detail but can also balance that well with flexibility? Check out this opportunity to work with the Campus Wide Initiative team as an Associate. You’ll work behind the scenes and on the front lines, strategically brainstorming, organizing and executing key church initiatives you and the Director worked so hard planning!
This Is Us
We’re a growing, multi-site, Bible-based community in the greater Louisville area with a passion for unleashing the full force of the church to love people one at a time. We value:
- Connection over production (John 15:5).
- Risk & adventure over safety & comfort (John 3:8).
- Innovation over tradition (Luke 5:19).
- Personal engagement over attendance (Luke 9:62).
- Expressive worship over religious rituals (Luke 7:38).
Why you want this job:
The initiatives typically serve all campuses and involve multiple ministries. Your team will be responsible for managing the timeline and budget, creating and leading staff training, leading large groups of volunteers, and serving as the point of contact for other central ministries such as Accounting, Legal, Events, Purchasing, Facilities, SECreative, IT and Safety & Security. The Church Wide Initiatives staff works as a team and shares resources, best practices, and responsibilities for several initiatives at a time.
What You’ll Actually Be Doing:
· Manage all logistics involved in overseeing multiple tasks across campuses and ministry departments to execute a complex initiative.
· Maintain inter-departmental communication and relationships.
· Collaborate with other ministries to create process improvements (IT, Events, Legal, Communications, etc.).
· Research and work with outside contractors, vendors, etc.
· Build and manage complex budgets for multiple initiatives.
· Perform weekly tasks such as scheduling and leading meetings, answering emails and phone calls, creating and reviewing resources
· Process-oriented, strategic thinker that is able to plan 1 to 3 years ahead
· Ability to adapt to change
· Leadership skills in order to lead and train staff and volunteers
· Experience on a church or ministry team
· Strong research skills
· Ability to establish best practices, create resources, and train people with those resources
· Inquisitive learner with problem solving skills
· Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build and maintain long-term healthy work relationship with peers, supervisor and church leadership.
· Computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft suite programs.
· Highly organized with ability to multitask and remain self-motivated
· Strong communication skills including grammar/editing skills and leading meetings of 3 to 50 people.
· Flexibility in schedule in order to meet ministry needs
· Steady demeanor under pressure
Required Education, Experience, and Membership
· College Degree
· 3 to 5 years of experience in ministry either full time or as a volunteer with leadership responsibilities
· Engaged member of Southeast Christian Church (or willing to become one); supports our Statement of Faith and submits to the leadership established by the church; lives out our church Mantra in tangible ways. https://www.southeastchristian.org/sermons/mantra/be-the-branch-2
If this sounds like you, apply now!