Interpersonal skills, helpfulness, and charisma can go a long way in making people feel welcomed and loved! Are you the experienced Security Assistant we’re looking for that can help provide a safe and accepted environment for our members, visitors and staff?
This Is Us
We’re a growing, multi-site, Bible-based community in the greater Louisville area with a passion for connecting people to Jesus & one another. We value:
- Connection over production (John 15:5).
- Risk & adventure over comfort (John 3:8).
- Innovation over tradition (Luke 5:19).
- Personal engagement over attendance (Luke 9:62).
- Expressive worship over religious rituals (Luke 7:38).
Does This Sound Like You?
Are you an upbeat, trustworthy, and capable individual who can provide support to our Safety and Security Team by coordinating the various functions at the Security Desk?
You’ll get street cred if: You can lovingly assist people as they enter the building by providing directions, services, and connections as needed – however big or small the request.
You should keep walking if: You don’t have the physical ability to walk in and around the main building or the ability to have conversations on the phone, radio, or in-person.
We’ll high-five you if: You’re a great listener and you connect people to Jesus and one another!
What You’ll Actually Be Doing
- Provide support at the Security Desk in the Main Building at Blankenbaker Campus
- Assisting people as they enter the building by shuttling boxes or items to various locations, and locking exterior and interior doors
- Keeping a watchful eye for anything out of the ordinary
- Typical shifts can vary but expectation is Monday–Sunday: 7 am – 3:30pm or 3:30pm – 10:00pm (up to 15 hours/week; part-time without benefits)
- Must be available to work days, evenings and weekends
- Self-motivated, flexible, problem solver
- Ability to relate and identify with a broad range of people, providing a friendly, helpful attitude toward everyone
- High School Education
- Engaged member of Southeast Christian Church (or willing to become one) who supports our Statement of Faith, submits to the leadership established by the church, and lives out our church Mantra in tangible ways. https://www.southeastchristian.org/sermons/mantra/be-the-branch-2
If this sounds like YOU, apply now!