Fitness Assistant- Sports & Fitness Ministry
Do you have a passion for fitness and love to work with people? Are you organized and good with details? This part-time position (20 hours a week) assists the Fitness Manager with building and maintaining fitness classes and programs at Southeast Christian Church.
This Is Us
We’re a growing, multi-site, Bible-based community in the greater Louisville area with a passion for connecting people to Jesus & one another. We value:
- Connection over production (John 15:5).
- Risk & adventure over safety & comfort (John 3:8).
- Innovation over tradition (Luke 5:19).
- Personal engagement over attendance (Luke 9:62).
- Expressive worship over religious rituals (Luke 7:38).
Does This Sound Like You?
You have strong administrative skills and are very organized.
You have experience teaching group fitness and the ability to lead safe and effective workouts.
You work best behind the scenes supporting operations and logistics.
What You’ll Actually Be Doing
· Assist with data management and track metrics
· Support Fitness and Wellness programs
· Maintain studio equipment and general upkeep
· Recruit new volunteers
· Assist with instructor education and certification
· Teach fitness classes as needed
· Assist with facility maintenance
· Assist gym members with fitness equipment
· Assist in building exercise programs
· Support special projects
· Proficient computer skills
· Time management
· High attention to detail
· Ability to interact appropriately with a large number of people
· Physical ability to lead classes or pick-up weights
· Ability and knowledge to answer fitness related questions
· Ability and knowledge to educate participants regarding use of equipment and content of the classes
· Ability to resolve conflict
· Ability and knowledge of maintaining exercise equipment
· Engaged member of Southeast Christian Church (or willing to become one); supports our Statement of Faith and submits to the leadership established by the church; lives out our church Mantra in tangible ways. https://www.southeastchristian.org/sermons/mantra/be-the-branch-2
If this sounds like you, apply today!