Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can campers arrive late to camp or leave early?
Children will not be allowed to arrive late or leave early.
2. How are Roommates assigned?
Campers are able to choose one roommate during registration. We will do our best to assign them to the same dorm.
3. What kind of supervision will there be?
We take ample adult and junior leaders to camp, all of whom have been personally interviewed, have successfully completed a background check and all required safety training.
4. What do sleeping arrangements look like?
- Dorms are gender-specific.
- Dorms are furnished with bunk beds, so you will need to bring bedding.
- Each dorm will be well supervised by many of our small group leaders.
- Adults and students do not share beds under any circumstance.
5. Will my child ever be unsupervised?
The schedule is designed to keep the kids with their small groups and/or friends all day long. Our leaders are always around to help keep your camper engaged and well supervised at all times. There will be a minimum of 2 leaders present at all times.
6. What does the registration cost cover?
The registration cost includes all accommodations, meals and most activities. There will be an additional charge for some elective activities.
7. How will I receive communication once my child is registered?
You will receive a confirmation email once you have fully completed registering your child. Closer to camp dates, you will receive detailed information about packing lists and other important information.
8. Can my Child bring his/her cellphone?
We ask that your child leave their cellphones at home. We want them to be fully engaged in camp without any outside distractions. We will provide you with a way to contact us if there is an emergency and you need to get a hold of them.
9. Is this an overnight camp?
Yes, your child will sleep in dorms at Country Lake Christian Retreat. Once checked in, all campers will remain at camp, except in an emergency situation.
10. How do we get more information about Country Lake Christian Retreat?
Country Lake’s website Is www.countrylake.org. Check it out to see pictures, get directions and answer questions you may have about the camp.
11. How Do I Request Financial Assistance?
If you are interested in Financial Assistance, you will have an option to request Assistance during the registration process.
12. If I’m Applying For Financial Assistance, Will The Activities With A Cost Be Included In The Financial Request?
No, if you choose any of the activities with a cost, you will be responsible to pay those fees at the completion of filling out the application as well as the $15 processing fee.